Suggestions and feedback

Thanks, Faizan!

By “FEN reader” – do you mean something like being able to load a game from a FEN string? You can do that currently by clicking the icon to the right of the “FEN” label below the board and pasting in there. Let me know whether or not that works! It’s a little strict on what it expects format-wise, though… I’m going to try to relax that soon.

PGN uploader - yes, definitely good call. This is on it’s way – should be up soon.

Android App – I am super excited to build an Android version. I’m currently reading a book on Android development, so it’ll take some time for me to learn everything. The plan is to do a big upgrade to the iPhone app now, and immediately after that’s done I’ll be focusing my attention to Android.

Thank you so much for your suggestions, and I’m very glad you like the site!

Thanks to reply me sir,
:slight_smile:

Thank you for writing :slight_smile: I’m working on the PGN uploader - should be up soon! (Maybe an hour?)

I just pushed a better PGN uploader. However, it’s limited to PGN files under 10K, and only loads the first game in the file.

Can you let me know whether or not this works for you?

Hi Chendry,

Surely it will get big, my wishes and prayers for the same :smile:

BTW here goes my 6th suggestion :smile:

By any chance can one have a feature of saving a particular FEN, Basically the URL, I would love such a feature. Saves a lot of time as a user when we switch to multiple desktops.

My ideas about the feature, May be once the user logs in, we can either have a dropdown with some name to it or say 5 buttons like game1,2,3,4 which on clicked fetches that particular saved FEN. Your thoughts ?

-Gowri

Aha! Yes, I’ve actually had a request for something like that before. So, basically you could create a nextchessmove.com account and be able to access your list of saved games from anywhere, right?

I like that a lot.

Somebody even suggested having the iPhone (and eventually Android) app “sync” with the website, which could be cool if done right.

Yeah exactly Admin- it would be a cool repository and also helps us to analyse the mistakes done in past, Should not be occupying much of space since it will be saving only the FEN URL.

Sync would be awesome and being an Android user, any android app if done I would be one among the first to download it :smile:

• Gowri

here goes my 7th Suggestion

The right and left arrow are a cool feature, currently one has to click on it with mouse to get it working. Can it be integrated with right and left arrow from the keyboard also, which would be great to a person like me who likes to use keyboard more than mouse :smile:

Wow, that is another terrific idea. Thank you very much!! I pushed forward and back – check it out and let me know what you think!

This has got me thinking – maybe we could have keyboard shortcuts for other tasks? E.g., switching players, calculating the next move, animating the suggested move, moving pieces around, etc?

Are you aware of any existing key bindings for chess that I could mimc?

1 Like

Thanks admin, it works pretty good when I tried it, you are pretty quick in implementing suggestions. Keep rocking.

Actually I did not know it would be possible so just said arrow to tried it. Yeah having key for all combinations was indeed my 8th suggestion( you deprived me of it…lol), Anyways on a serious note having first letter would be a cool Idea.
for eg
R - Reset
C - Capture all
F - Flip
L - Load PGN
W - White to move
B - Black to move
N - Calculate Next Move

etc…any other key combinations you can think over… Just shared my idea :smile:

• Gowri

Hi, I just signed up to provide a feedback.
There’s a catch here. You see when a set moves are repeated 3 times then the game is a draw. So even though this program lets you know the best move, it would repeat the same moves even after 2 times. It shouldn’t be doing that. It should suggest the next best move instead of just repeating the moves which would result in a draw. I hope you could look at this problem. Thanks.

Thank you! Yeah, I need to look in to that. I think it may have to do with the fact that I’m passing 0 and 1 to the chess engine as the halfmove clock / fullmove number. It’s a bit tricky in the case of NCM because of how you’re allowed to move pieces free-form. I’ll do some poking around to see if setting these appropriately results in better moves.

If that cycle happens again, can you let me know what the FEN was at that time?

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I’ve noticed that the move labeling system is not the standard in most chess tournaments. On Chess.com, for example, N is used for knights, Q for queens, K for kings, B for bishops, R for rooks, etc. If a move is taken, an x is placed after the letter. I suggest a change to this system so that it matches the one used on Chess.com.

Chendry,

What an excellent app / tool. I have been using this for a couple of months as an aid to compare the Grand Master moves against a computer. I also use it as an aid (or crutch) when I am playing against the computer on chess.com in expert mode. I at least try to complete the opening and go as far as I can into the middle game before importing the PGN and requesting help via the “calculate next move” feature. Your app basically destroys the chess.com app even when it is in expert mode. It can typcialy beat it even if I put it in a losing position with 3-4 points down.

Suggestions:

Providing a “Paste” button in the “Load PGN” window or better yet provide a function that takes the PGN directly and automatically from the clipboard so that just one button is pressed to import the PGN.

Reset to beginning of current game or PGN. Current reset basically resets the FEN to the initial board. Rationale: after using it to complete a game, it is very helpful to go back to the beginning and study each move, especially the more complicated ones. Having the “Reset Game” button would avoid many back arrows.

Again, great chess application.

Thanks,

Tforce

I currently use the iphone version of the next chess move, love it by the way. The only issue i have is flipping the board. every time i switch from player to player I have to flip the board every time. Is there a way you can fix this so the app would automatically save the position of the board? Thanks, sorry if i posted this in the wrong place.

awesome site, but this next move is bugged? It wants me to move both the king and the tower in the same move(the right down tower)

FYI, SOPHOS Antivirus on android identifies NCM as a Low Reputation app.

Hello dear admin I have already written a contribution to this, but wouldn’t it be possible to add the cerebellum opening book and the Scid database to stockfish and to strengthen the engine? it’s free too here https://zipproth.de/Brainfish/download/ http://scid.sourceforge.net/# and for the endgame database there is now also the 7-man syzygy tablebase, it is better than the old one the 6 man that you could add
https://syzygy-tables.info/

Thanks and greetings

Tasgarn

re #2 … I would like to see a “Next & Execute” to be able to watch a game unfold … to follow certain lines rather than always having to do Black, White, Black, …

Cheers.

1 Like

Suggestion for Admin (bold are important suggestions)

1. Dark Mode.
  2. Faster Loading.
  3. Interactive Chess Board. So Users can play chess here itself and Learn to play chess perfectly along with calculating best moves when needed.
  4. Analysis Mode.
  5. Explaining Moves. It often suggests to sacrifice some important pieces which definitely needs explanation.
  6. I know I can just copy the “FEN” so I can save the board, but Please give an option of Save Board which will download the “FEN” in a document. Then add the Load Board which allows you to load the chess board you saved earlier as a document in your files. This will drastically change and help people.
  7. Add something that will recognize a chess board and all the pieces and their positions in just a screenshot. So People can basically copy a Chess board even from real life.