NCM does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Services. The Services and their content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
We collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide us directly:
- Registration information
- Your password and e-mail address
- Your username, if you register for a forum
- User Content (e.g. comments and forum posts) that you post to our websites
- Communications between you and NCM (e.g. emails regarding account verification, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices)
- Registration information
- Analytics information:
- We use third-party services to collect basic traffic and usage information for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, login attempts, move calculations, and other such information. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
How we use your information:
We may use information that we receive to:
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the NCM application on your device
Sharing of your information:
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information with third-party organizations that help us provide the Services to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your user content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for public posting to our websites, such as user content, becomes available to the public.
- If you remove information that you posted to our websites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other users or third parties using the NCM API have copied or saved that information.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Information that we will never share:
- Private data under your account which can only be seen if you are logged in, including saved boards.
- Board positions for which moves have been calculated.
How we store your information:
- Your information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which NCM or its Service Providers maintain facilities.
- NCM or its Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Services secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, NCM cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to NCM or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and NCM, at all times.
Other web sites and services: