I have now made several tests with Stockfish 10 latest Dev Build and have found that it certainly does not have the original game strength of 3497 elo. I played several games against the play magnus app from level 17, I only made a remi with a 1 second thinking time, of course it was also possible to increase it to 30 seconds cooling-down time which I did and won against the most difficult level 29 However, it is still not enough to win against the computer on lvl 10 in chess.com, although I have activated SAN notation, 6-man syzygy tablebases and Stockfish Contempt -100 to get the maximum strength. I am pretty sure that this is not the highest level / elo of stockfish 10 that is offered via the app. I would also pay a lot more if the server or hardware used to run the / stockfish hir would be improved to reach maximum skill level .
-100 contempt means stockfish would favor towards draws more, maybe try with the default contempt or with contempt 0.
I tried playing against the computer on lvl 10 chess.com with latest sf dev and 1 second think time, 6-man TB, and default contempt 24.
Computer is playing white.
I have it with the same settings as you mentioned on default contempt 24 and 0 but I always make only one draw. Is it maybe due to my computer that the power is not transmitted correctly? or what are the best settings in general to get the strongest moves possible from the app?
Sorry I don’t know maybe someone here knows better.
I defeated him now in 93 moves with default contempt 100. But you defeated him faster in 66 moves so I’m assuming that something is not working properly for me.
I’ll try again this time as White. same parameters, 1 sec think time, 6 man TB, contempt 24.
Edit: won again here’s the pgn 1. d4 d6 2. Nf3 g6 3. e4 Nf6 4. Bd3 Bg7 5. O-O O-O 6. c3 e5
7. dxe5 dxe5 8. Nxe5 Na6 9. f3 Nc5 10. Bc4 Qe7 11. Nd3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nxd3 13. Bxd3 Nd7 14. Be3 Ne5 15. Bc2 a5 16. Na3 b5
17. Nxb5 c6 18. f4 Ba6 19. fxe5 Bxb5 20. c4 Ba6 21. Ba4 Bxe5
22. Bxc6 Rab8 23. Bd5 Rxb2 24. Qg4 Rf8 25. Qg5 Qxg5 26. Bxg5 Bb7
27. Rad1 Bxd5 28. exd5 f6 29. Bf4 Rc2 30. Bxe5 fxe5 31. d6 Rd8
32. Rfe1 Rxc4 33. Rxe5 Rd7 34. Rxa5 Rc6 35. Rad5 Ra6 36. R1d2 Kf7
37. R5d4 Ke8 38. a4 Rf7 39. Rf2 Rxf2 40. d7+ Kd8 41. Kxf2 Rc6
42. h4 Rc3 43. g4 h6 44. Rd6 Rc2+ 45. Ke3 Rc5 46. Rxg6 h5
47. gxh5 Rxh5 48. Rg8+ Kxd7 49. Rg4 Ke7 50. Rf4 Ke6 51. Kf3 Rh8
52. a5 Ra8 53. Ra4 Ra6 54. h5 Ke7 55. Ke3 Ke6 56. h6 Kf7
57. Kd3 Kg6 58. Kc4 Rf6 59. a6 Rf4+ 60. Kb5 Rf5+ 61. Kc6 Rf6+
62. Kd5 Rf5+ 63. Ke4 Kg5 64. Ke3 Rf8 65. a7 Re8+ 66. Kf3 Rf8+
67. Kg3 Ra8 68. h7 Kf6 69. h8=Q+ Rxh8 70. a8=Q Rxa8 71. Rxa8 Ke5
72. Kf3 Kd5 73. Rd8+ Ke5 74. Rd3 Kf6 75. Kf4 Ke6 76. Rd4 Kf6
77. Re4 Kg6 78. Re6+ Kg7 79. Kg5 Kf7 80. Re1 Kg7 81. Rf1 Kh7
82. Kf6 Kh8 83. Kf7 Kh7 84. Rh1#
thanks for the ideas i haven’t lost or played a draw so far. even if I have set 100 contempt, everything is now possible with 1 sec reaction time to defeat on other programs